本堂於1988年成立，秉承宣道會的特色，從起初由城西堂所差派的數十位弟兄姊妹開始，一直努力在愛城的南區傳揚福音。 城南堂對愛城的移民別具負擔。在主耶穌基督的帶領之下，由陳明中牧師、卓銘禧牧師、雷黃惠賢傳道、李程雨玲傳道(義務牧師) 、劉得貴牧師(義務牧師)、Rev. Dan Harstad、Pastor James Law組成的教牧團隊，忠心領導; 六位長老及四十餘事工團隊殷勤事奉，教會在最近的十年內由二百餘人增到近六百餘人。 二零零三年七月，城南堂更是有史以來第一次差出自己的宣教士;粵語部劉得貴牧師夫婦前往中東宣教。另外，二零零六年八月，張濬銳醫生夫婦一家又被差派到非 洲尼日爾(Niger) 服侍，可見這教會注重宣教廣傳福音的心志和精神。
South Edmonton Alliance church was established on 1988 and embracing the heritage of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. We were founded by a group of brothers and sisters in Christ whom were commissioned by the Edmonton Chinese Alliance Church and had been faithful in advancing the gospel in the South Edmonton community. Our Church has a vision to serve Canadian immigrants. Through following footsteps of our Lord Jesus Christ, and currently under the pastoral leadership of Reverend Genghis Chan, Reverend Hayes Cheuk, Reverend James Law, Pastor Lucas Guo, Pastor Ivan Wong, Pastor Yue-Ling Ching and Pastor Jacky Lau. Serving along with 6 elders and 40 other ministry leaders, we have grown from a church of 200 members to almost 600 members within 10 years. On July 2003, SEAC commissioned our first missionary: Pastor Jacky Lau and his wife to the Middle-East for Evangelism. Also, on August 2006 SEAC commissioned doctor Ace Cheung and his family to Niger to serve the local ministry. Our goal is focusing in missions and preaching the gospel.
Regardless of where we’ve been, what we’re struggling with, and what questions we might have…
Each one of us was created to LEARN, LIVE, and LOVE in a way that would bring impact, healing, and change to our world. We were designed uniquely to each play a part in God’s larger plan for justice, peace, and reconciliation in a world full of brokenness. Our desire to Learn, Love, and Live is rooted in what Jesus taught while he was on this earth:
1. Be And Make Disciples:
The Great Commission
Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
2. Love God, Love Others: The Greatest Commandments
“Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
Statement of Faith
1. There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
5. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God; he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The portion of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment; and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.
6. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
7. It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the church in this present age.
9. The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.
11. The second coming of the lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal, visible, and pre-millennial. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.